Encore une fois !

Hello there.

Recently I had the chance to see one of the most vivacious and ravishing acts of character portrayal I think I have ever seen.  Allow me to say that I was flabbergasted at the least. The particular character in question was personified on 
screen by none other than Hugo Weaving and immediately 
made me want to put up a post here. Unfortunately, my studies interfered and I had to put off the idea for quite some time. Now it would be grave injustice if I go on any further without thanking the great work done by wikipedia and its associate services from where Iderive the following chunk of 'a masterpiece'. So without any further ado, I present some 
beautiful quotes from the movie "V for Vendetta" :

As usual, first the appetisers:

"Artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up."

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

"I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."


Make way for the main courses:

"We are told to remember the idea, not the man. Because a man can fail. He can be killed and forgotten. But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed firsthand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them; and die defending them. But you cannot touch an idea, cannot hold it or kiss it. An idea does not bleed, it cannot feel pain, and it does not love. And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man. A man who made me remember the fifth of November. A man I will never forget."

"It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses and apologized to no one. I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must NEVER let them take it from us. I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the worlds turns, and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you."

"Evey: Who are you?
V      : Who? Who is but the form following the function of "what", and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey: Well I can see that.
V      : Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
Evey: Oh...right.
V      : But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis personæ."


And now for, if I may say so, the crescendo. 'Tis my favourite and I really don't need to ask you to notice the number of words starting with the letter 'V':

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

I say a translation is in the calling, what say you?

Behold! Before you is a humble stage performer, cast, against his will, by the whims of fate, to the roles of both victim and villain. The face you see now is not just some meaningless costume. It is a remnant of the People's Voice, which has since gone and disappeared. However, this past annoyance stands courageously reborn and has sworn to conquer the evil and corrupt, who promote greed and the violent suppression of free will. The only choice is vengeance; a personal war held as a promise, but not in vain, for the importance and self-evidence of this quest shall one day exonerate the watchful and the righteous. But in truth, this thick soup of words has become too excessive. So, let me simply finish by saying that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V.

Monsieur, please don't leave without the desserts:

"The multiplying villainies of nature do swarm upon him...Disdaining fortune with his brandished steel/which smoked with bloody execution..."-(Macbeth 1.2.17-18)

"We are oft to blame in this. 'Tis too much proved that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself."-(Hamlet 3.1.46-49)

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy; with old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ; And seem a saint, when most I play the devil"-(Richard III (play) 1.3.336-38)

"Conceal me what I am, and be my aid; For such disguise as haply shall become; The form of my intent."-(Twelfth Night)




Bon appetit!

1 comment:

Nitiksh Srivastava said...

bahut accha likha hai,par humka kuch bhi samaj nahi aaya